Piranha | Horizontal Baler
This compact and ferocious machine can handle any paper stock, secondary fiber, aluminum/steel cans, PET and HDPE you can throw at it. The Harris Piranha® is a perfect entry level horizontal baler. With a small footprint, the Piranha® can fit in almost any location or facility. As for power – don’t let the size fool you.
Materials Designed to Process
- Bulk Cardboard (OCC)
- Newspaper (ONP)
- Mixed Office Paper
- Aluminum Cans
- Steel Cans
Designed for these Facilities
Heavy Duty Construction
Piranha horizontal balers are constructed using heavy duty .5″ plate construction with 1″ to 4″ thick reinforcement. The Piranha also has an extra heavy duty baling chamber with a reinforced eject door. Hydraulically operated door latch is standard.
The Harris Piranha features 96 tons of compression force and 110 pound per square inch ram face pressure, easily handling everything from bulk OCC to HDPE.
The Piranha horizontal, closed-door baler can be supplied with flared hopper, above ground conveyor, or in ground conveyor to meet your requirements
Harris horizontal balers utilize a Category 3 safety system. The system continuously checks the status and function of safety interlocks and emergency stop devices. All access doors are provided with three (3) pole magnetic safety rated interlock switches.
- Heavy duty ½” plate construction with 1” x 4” thick reinforcement.
- Single cylinder main ram provides superior transmission of power and force to the ram.
- 96 tons of compression force and 110 lbs/in2 ram face pressure is the highest in its class.
- Replaceable abrasion resistant wear liners on baler floor and base of main ram for long life and minimum downtime.
- Extra heavy duty baling chamber and eject door construction.
- Full penetration and ejection of the bale.
- Machined slots in shear knife and baling platen provide precise alignment between mating wire slots for easier wire threading.
- Category 3 safety system on conveyor hopper access door. Access to the conveyor hopper is protected by a dual circuit magnetic safety switch and a dual “trapped” key interlock system. The integrity of the safety circuit is continuously checked by a safety monitoring relay.
- Magnetic safety interlock switches on bale door and opening mechanism ensures that the door is fully open before the bale is ejected.
- Operator warning alarms on bale door opening and ram retraction. (After manual tieing operation and automatic start up).
- Bale door opening mechanism is designed to relieve pressure from expansion of the bale.
- Hydraulic door actuator cylinder incorporates a check valve on exhaust port to prevent unintended extension of the cylinder.
|CHARGE BOX OPENING||inches||36″ x 56″|
|MAIN PUMP||34 gpm|
|RAM FACE PRESSURE||PSI||110|
|BALING MATERIAL||Bulk OCC
Mixed Office Paper
- Short stroke feature for faster baling cycles.
- Material density is monitored to help prevent overcharging.
- Shear re-entry feature enables 3 attempts to shear through difficult or jammed material.
- Semi-automatic cycle enables the operator to manually advance the ram for closer control when baling difficult materials.
- Operational alarms for “cannot shear, oversized bale and no material detected”
* Performance Rates and/or Production Rates are subject to Material, Feed Rates, and other Variables of Production outside the control of Harris Equipment. Stated performance figures represent approximate values of machine performance guidelines. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
JUST THE NUMBERS
|Hopper Opening||36” x 56” (914.4 mm x 1422.4 mm)|
|Baling Cycle (Dry Cycle)||29 seconds|
|Ram Face Pressure||110 PSI (7.7 kgf/cm2)|
|Motor Horsepower||20 HP (14.91 kW)|
|Main Pump||33 gpm (124.88 lpm)|
|Max Operating Pressure||5000 PSI (344.82 Bar)|
|Main Ram Force||96 tons (87.091 tonnes)|
* Information may be subject to change. Check with your Carr representative for the most up-to-date information.
Local Supplier of Canada
We are a local certified supplier for Harris Equipment and Accent Wire Tie Systems, supplying regions of Canada with baling equipment and supplies including:
Ontario • Québec • New Brunswick • Nova Scotia • Newfoundland and Labrador • Prince Edward Island
To ask about ordering this product, call or email us.
We offer these options for your baling needs: